Monday, May 16, 2011

Mindless Monday...My Sunday

Last week was not one of my best weeks so I am sorry for the lack of posts. It didn't help that Blogger was down for a bit either. I did have a fabulous weekend including a busy Sunday! 

 I attended a baby shower that had beautiful flowers and these yummy homemade Hostess treats!
I always make time for my pup Ryder!
My sister Maureen and I worked all weekend on a scrapbook in honor of my sister-in-law, Sarah. I have briefly mentioned her on the blog (here and here) but unfortunately last week she lost her battle with breast cancer. She was an amazing woman and I will always miss her. I am taking this book to my brother and nieces next week and hope they enjoy it as much as we do.
We had an impromptu family dinner last night with our sisters and I made Italian Sausage & Cheese Tortellini soup. It is a favorite in our house and as I was making it I realized that it was a recipe my sister-in-law, Sarah gave to me. It was the perfect meal to have while working on her scrapbook and to wrap up my weekend!
Images via my iPhone Hipstamatic App

How was your weekend?

tic signature

4 comments:

  1. Sarah,

    I'm so, so sorry for your loss. What a great way to remember your SIL with a scrapbook. God's peace to you and your family.

    Best,

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry for your loss, Sara..it's great you can find little ways to celebrate her. Life's little blessings ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mom was telling me her inspirational story today. What a beautiful thing you are doing with the scrapbook. Thinking of you and your family. Hugs to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry to hear about loss Sara. I remember you telling me about her. Your family is in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...