Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Recipes: Garlic & Thyme Potatoes

Sunday dinners are a staple in our house. Last Sunday we hosted our sisters and grilled a pork loin on our Big Green Egg. That was my hubby's responsibility and I focused on the sides. These Garlic and Thyme Potatoes have turned in to one of our favorites.

The recipe that I used is adapted from the one here, over time I have tweaked it a bit.

I love the precise cuts of a mandoline!

I made a lot of potatoes...you can never have too many!

These were some of the biggest garlic cloves I have ever seen

You should invest in a good olive oil-this is one of our treats from Italy!

Bake them at 350 for 35-40 mins or until they get a little crispy

I like a good mix of crispy and soft pieces-yummy!

4 garlic cloves
Coarse salt
1/2 tsp dried thyme
3 tblsps olive oil-give or take
1 1/2 pounds of red new potatoes sliced 1/8 inch thick

Do you have a favorite side that you enjoy making?

xo,
Sara

8 comments:

  1. Yum! Of course, I love the food posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmm that sounds really really good! and easy to make! i need to try these out :) xoxo jcd

    ReplyDelete
  3. this looks AMAZING! any kind of potatoes is always a great side... I will definitely have to make these sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum!!! I would love to try these with sweet potatoes too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg, I'm so making these! I love potatoes and have made them every way but this way. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! These look amazing...among other things (such as the molten lava cake) on your blog! *in love!*

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...