Photography by Travels in Heels
- 9 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- 6 tbsp butter, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp Kahlua
- 1/8 tsp sea salt, plus additional for the tops of the cakes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Butter two six-muffin tins, and dust the insides with sugar.
- On a double-boiler, melt chocolate until smooth, stirring to ensure everything melts. Set aside to cool.
- In a separate bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, vanilla, salt, and Kahlua. Add the eggs, one at a time, until all of them are incorporated. Beat in the chocolate and flour and pour the batter into the muffin tins, about 3/4 full. Sprinkle sea salt over the tops of the muffins. Bake for 9-10 minutes, allow to cool, and turn cakes out onto serving plates.
I love to cook but baking...not so much! One of my resolutions this year is to bake more and I can check this successful recipe off the list. Next up are these!
What have you baked lately?