Thursday, January 13, 2011

Recipe: Egg-in-a-Hole

I have been so excited to try a recipe from The Pioneer Woman's Cookbook-one of my favorite Christmas presents.  There are so many that sound amazing!

I decided to go with the Egg-in-a-Hole but we made it for dinner. Breakfast for dinner is a favorite in our house!


I used a small glass to make the hole

 Carefully crack each egg in to the hole & sprinkle w/ salt and pepper

       Let it set for 1-2 minutes then flip. I love how the  bread gets toasty from the butter!
     I topped ours off with cheddar cheese, a slice of bacon  and fresh green onions
 
I also tried the Twice Baked Potatoes and they were yummy!

Have you ever tried any of Pioneer Woman's recipes?

xo,
Sara

12 comments:

  1. My bestie and I did her famous cinnamon rolls and they were divine! The recipe makes eight pans so it was perfect to do with a friend. The frosting alone is to DIE for. Love her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We used to make this as kids...but sans bacon and scallions. We called it, man with a hat :) Dont know why, that is just what my mom called it. I think b/c the scrap of bread was the hat. Brings me back...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love twice baked potatoes! I'll have to check that recipe out in the book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this dish and it's so easy to make :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love PW, she's my idol :)
    and that looks so good! breakfast for dinner is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE breakfast for dinner :) When I first met my now husband, he thought I was crazy! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a good idea! I wonder if you could use a heart cookie cutter for Valentine's Day?

    The Bellini Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look totally yummy! The whole concept sounds like it would make for some fun times in the kitchen. I haven't had lunch yet and I am about to totally lick the screen. Delish!

    CYD - I've actually seen this done with a heart cut out of the center. Such a cute twist on this recipe. Sounds like a fun project for Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been wanting to try this recipe --- looks amazing!! I did the PW's mac and cheese over Christmas, amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My mom used to make these when we were kids! Only we called them "eggs in a basket" and she would always let us cut the center out... love breakfast for dinner! Try poached eggs over mashed potatoes, one of my faves!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have all her books and my gma hates meatloaf until I made her version of it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...