Friday, December 3, 2010

Wine Corks Galore

We love wine in our house and so I have a pretty large collection of wine corks.  I never really had an idea of what I was going to do with them so I just kept them in a large glass vase on the bar area. It is a great decorative piece but I would like to turn them in to something more functional.

I thought this Etsy site would be good inspiration...

Perfect for a kitchen!

Lovely for my desk!

A wreath that can stay up all year long!

A cute trivet for entertaining!

The wheels are turning!  I have seen a couple kits on online at Wine Enthusiast which I might try out first and then get a little more creative.

I am looking forward to a little holiday party that we are hosting this weekend so I am sure I will have a few more wine corks to add to the pile.

What are your weekend plans?

xo,
Sara

4 comments:

  1. Oh, you could for SURE pull one of those off...glue gun here she comes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have mine in a bowl. how original, rt? ha. i want to make the message board!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the wreath.... and your blog! i'm your newest follower.

    i'd love if you'd stop by for a visit!

    www.housemadehome.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. My friend will take your corks and turn them into napking rings, they are super nice :)

    creationsbydebi.com (you can check it out and maybe figure out how to do them yourself!)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...