I plan on trying this recipe:
• 1 quart milk (skim, 2 percent or whole) or half-and-half
• 6 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, chopped (recommended: Scharffenberger)
• 9 ounces peppermint schnapps
• Bailey’s whipped cream, for serving (recipe follows)
• 6 peppermint sticks, for serving
Heat 1 cup of the milk in a medium saucepan over low heat. Add chocolate, stirring constantly, until melted. When the chocolate has melted, increase heat to medium and add the remainder of the milk while whisking rapidly. Do not allow to boil.
Serve in small cups fortified with a jigger (1 1/2 ounces) of peppermint schnapps and a dollop of whipped cream. Add a peppermint stick to stir.
Bailey’s Whipped Cream
• 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
• 2 tsp. brown sugar
• 1 Tbsp. Bailey’s Irish Cream
Whip heavy cream to soft peaks. Add Baileys Irish Cream and sugar and whisk until combined and raised peaks hold their shape. Spoon a generous dollop of the whipped cream onto each cup of the hot chocolate.
What are your plans for the weekend?