Wednesday, December 8, 2010

DIY: Luminaries

I was feeling crafty last week when I was preparing for my holiday party.  Growing up my parents always put out luminaries during the holiday season for parties and I thought it would be a fun decoration since my outdoor lights are not up yet.

Martha Stewart Paper Punch-found here

I thought this cut-out looked like a snowflake but could also be used all year round

I made a total of 6 luminaries in 3 different designs

About 1 cup of rice in each bag

I used larger candles instead of tea lights so they would stay lit all night and they did! 

The finished product!



None of them got ruined so I saved them to use later in the season!

Have you done any holiday crafts this year? (I am always looking for more ideas!)

xo,
Sara

9 comments:

  1. Eek!! Those are beautiful!! Great job!!

    It's hard not to want to do crafts when Martha Stewart has so many cool things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a street in my hometown where everyone does luminaries. So pretty

    ReplyDelete
  3. great idea! love it.
    annie
    www.paiduptop.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Elle Sees I love the way a whole street looks with them. There was a neighborhood in my hometown in MI that had each house put them out Christmas Eve...amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these! I think I may try a few to use on Christmas Eve for the stairs going up from the driveway. Thanks for sharing!

    Jane
    frugalfineliving.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. so beautiful!
    Perfect for summer evening party!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE the idea of using rice! I mean, who keeps sand around anyway, lol. Thanks so much, I can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...