Friday, October 8, 2010

Happy Hour: Spiked Mauled Cider


I am really looking forward to this weekend because I am going to be doing 2 of my favorite Fall activities... tailgating for a college football game and visiting an apple orchard in the North Georgia mountains. 

Ingredients:
1 gallon apple cider
Dark rum-to taste!
2 cinnamon sticks
1 sliced orange

Preparation:
Place all of the ingredients in a crock pot or large pot on the stove and heat through. Do not boil.  Keep on low once the desired temperature is reached. Enjoy!

I make this for Thanksgiving and it is always a hit! I love that it just sits all day and you can add to it when needed. This is the perfect cocktail to carry in a thermos for the tailgate to keep you warm.


Here is a recipe by Martha Stewart.


Cheers,
Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...