Friday, September 17, 2010

viaggi in italia

Ciao!

I'm Sara's sister Maureen. As we said farewell yesterday when she left for Italy, I realized a good segway into my guest post(s) would be to share my own experiences in the very place Sara is off to: Italy!


Each time we talked about her itinerary and planning, it brought me back to my semester abroad. I studied in Florence, and spent an amazing three months there - taking classes and spending weekends traveling. Some of the best places we visited were cities throughout Italy - many of which Sara is heading towards right now. Consider it a sneak peak at Sara's amazing pictures to come, but here are a few of my favorite snapshots from abroad:



Hiking Mount Ceceri and the hills of Fiesole (in the outskirts of Florence) was beautiful. Leonardo Da Vinci attempted to fly from the summit!















This picture isn't the most scenic, but I've always loved it. Wandering through the ruins of Pompeii was amazing. A powerful piece of history - with a private tour from an Italian grandfather named Mario.






The duomo (cathedral) in Milan is so dramatic... and surrounded by some of the fiercest shopping and fashion I've ever seen. This was the view from the ground...










...and from the top! We climbed a LOT of steps to get there (WITH shopping bags!), but the view was worth it!











Typical tourist pic! The leaning tower of Pisa was an easy day trip from Florence, and a fun photo-op. Tourist stands surround the tower, but we wandered into the city and found a wonderful restaurant for pasta (and wine of course).


















This might be my favorite shot of the whole three months: My mom and me on the cliffs of Positano. Such an incredible view - and a great memory.

I'll be living vicariously through Sara for the next ten days - and can't wait to see some of the pics she comes home with. In the meantime, stay tuned for some more guest posts!

Have a good weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Great pictures Maureen! Looks fabulous! So jealous!

    -Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. loved italy..my moms' fam is from lake como...such a beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited for her!! She's going to have such an AMAZING time!!

    xoxo,
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...