Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Recipe: Simple Twist on Brownies [just add cookie dough!]


Sara has shared some yummy cocktail and appetizer recipes - she's a rockstar in the kitchen. I have more of a sweet-tooth than my sis, so when we have family dinners, I'm often in charge of dessert (my Peanut Butter Pie from Thanksgiving 2008 is famous... but that's another post).

Thought I'd share a recipe of my own... a classic with a simple spin: Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies.
Our sister-in-law and another superstar cook shared it with me. Check out her blog for great recipes, beautiful photos, and inspiring stories from a mother of three.

Here's the recipe:



1 package, milk chocolate brownie mix
--2 eggs
--1/4 cup water
--1/2 cup vegetable oil

1 package, break-and-bake chocolate chip cookie dough

*Note: these can of course be made with brownies and cookie dough from scratch... this is the abbreviated version. :)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees, mix together brownie ingredients and pour into a 9x13 ban (greased).







Flatten the dollops of cookie dough and drop onto the brownie batter (press them down slightly).




Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the cookie dough is golden brown and a toothpick comes out of the brownies clean.






Took them to the office yesterday.... they were about gone by lunch time. Enjoy!

7 comments:

  1. holy moses. i need to try this ASAP!!! those look and sound SO GOOD!!

    xoxo,
    carrie
    ps-i bet you get a raise at work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! i never would have thought of this! I will be trtying it!!

    -Sherine
    Check out my blog! Feel free to comment!
    http://sherinethegirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This a crowd favorite! always gone very quickly in our house. The best brownie mix is ghirardelli double chocolate!

    spruchillblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks really tempting. Well, if my kids and my husband see this, I will definitely cannot stop them from taking a bite...well, not actually a bite but a BITE! Big bites! LOL. All in the family loves chocolates and I will definitely make this for this coming weekend! thanks for sharing this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You are truly a great baker to think that you got an idea to make that new recipe. Brownies and cookies are my favorites and that combination is awesome! I will surely do this tomorrow. My kids will surely love that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is truly indulging! I never thought of that idea even if it’s been a long year for me of thinking new recipes to bake. This will surely love by my kids and all of my family. I can’t wait to show this recipe in my family. Thanks for sharing this one.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...