Thursday, September 30, 2010

Recipe: On the light side

After 10 days of pasta and pizza I was ready for a crisp, fresh salad.  A new favorite meal in our house is a mixed green salad with seared tuna.  

I add green onions and rice noodles for a crunch
Drizzle the tuna steaks with olive oil and a dash of salt & pepper
I prefer my tuna steak pretty rare in the middle so I only sear it in a pan for 1-2 min per side.  Then top it off with a ginger dressing.

I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!!

What is your favorite light dish?

xo,
Sara

7 comments:

  1. Looks delish! We will def be making that soon. I just posted a healthy recipe, perfect for fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do almost the same thing, but we use crushed red pepper, black and white sesame seeds and a little bit of lime juice to sear the tuna. I also make a little lime/olive oil dressing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmm, i love raw tuna and incorporated in some kind of salad is even better! looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome home friend!! You look positively radiant holding your Miu Miu bag!!

    xoxo,
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy!! So, I wasn't in Italy, but my husband was out of town for a few days and I swear I lived off of pizza and pasta while he was gone. We are having salad for dinner tonight! :) I'll have to give this one a try soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum this looks so good and healthy. I always love fish for dinner!

    http://wearingitonmysleeves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...