Thursday, August 19, 2010

Not so silly...


Silly Bandz is one of the latest trends in accessories that not only kids are wearing. I started to see arms full of these brightly colored bands a few months ago and I was intrigued. Robert Croak from Toledo, Ohio discovered the funky shaped rubber bands at a product show in China. The craze has spread like wildfire without the use of huge advertising campaigns.

Celebrities have even gotten on board with the trend. Sara Jessica Parker has been spotted multiple times wearing one which was a gift from her son James.


Rebecca Romijn and Mary-Kate Olsen have also been spotted rocking the neon bracelets. They take a more minimalist approach and only wear a couple at a time.


I love the trend but do not own any...yet!  There are many different themes but here are a few of my favorites-




Do you wear Silly Bandz? What is your favorite fad from the past?

xo,
Sara

4 comments:

  1. The kids i babysit for gave me some of theirs and I love them! I have a dress shoe, purse and crown from the princess collection and the character Lotso from Toy story three! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i totally contemplated getting these for my niece who's 4...i think i will now!!

    and maybe i'll grab a package for myself too...

    xoxo,
    carrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im NOT sure silly bands would compliment anything in my closet!! lol but I have seen them ALL over Houston!! People are LOVING them!! My boss is 36 and was wearing them with a suit last week!!

    Cute blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't wear them, but they are balled up all over my house! My kids are in to them.

    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and becoming a follower! I can't wait to read through yours!

    xoxo, cass

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...